Thursday, July 18, 2013

O is for...

Feeling a little bit yucky today so I think I'll make this a relatively quick post. Is that alright with you guys? I have another installment of my ABC Challenge for you. ^_^






I've been in a huge Halloween mood recently. Maybe it's my eagerness to just have the hot months behind me... but I'm really looking forward to October.  So I decided to celebrate this in my nail design.

I'm not going to lie to you all. This is not one of my best designs. I feel like I relied too much on stamping and not enough on creating a cohesive manicure. But all-in-all, I do think it is a moderately good design. Even if it isn't necessarily the most creative.

Oktoberfest: my least favorite of the designs, simply because it faded into nothingness. :( You can barely see it on the nail. I started with a base of white, then stamped the beer glass from Bundle Monsters new Holiday set (plate BM-H04) with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Lightening. I added White Cap by China Glaze to accentuate the foam a little too.

When I think of October, I think of multi-colored leaves. We don't see much of them here in Southern Calfornia, but we do see it in movies and autumnal tv episodes, lol. I stared with a China Glaze Passion as my base them stamped Rapid Red, Heat Flash, and Lightening by Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in a random pattern over another Bundle Monster Holiday plate; BM-H11.

Breast Cancer awareness month is also in October. I started with Something Sweet by China Glaze as my base color. Then stamped Bundle Monster 2012 set (plate BM-321) with Knockout Pink by Sally Hansen Insta-Dri. I was going to add a red rose... but my nail was too small, lol.

It wouldn't be October unless there were pumpkins on the vine ready to be harvested! Whether you bake them for pumpkin pie or hollow them out to make Jack-O-Lanterns for Halloween, pumpkins are a staple for the month of October. I stared with a coat of Lightening as my base color, then went to stamping with yet another Bundle Monster Holiday plate: BM-H11. I used Heat Flash for the pumpkins and Rapid Red for the leaves. All polishes used in this nail were by Sally Hansen Insta-Dri, by the way.

Halloween is the last big bang for October. And who doesn't like Halloween? I started with a base color of Heat Flash by Sally Hansen Insta-Dri then stamped with Konad Special Polish in Black. I chose the an image from plate BM-H07 of the Bundle Monster Holiday set... again. I didn't stamp it very well... but I think it ended up alright in the end. :)

I hope you liked the design I created for you. ^_^ Have a great day!
~Samantha Rae

Interested in the other designs in this collection?
A-I / J / K / L / M / N / O / P  / Q / R / S / T / U / V / W / X / Y / Z
-----

Pinky:
French White creme by Wet N'Wild Wild Shine
Lightening by Sally Hansen Insta-Dri
White Cap by China Glaze

Ring:
Passion by China Glaze
Rapid Red by Sally Hansen Insta-Dri
Heat Flash by Sally Hansen Insta-Dri
Lightening by Sally Hansen Insta-Dri

Middle:
Something Sweet by China Glaze
Knockout Pink by Sally Hansen Insta-Dri

Index:
Lightening by Sally Hansen Insta-Dri
Rapid Red by Sally Hansen Insta-Dri
Heat Flash by Sally Hansen Insta-Dri

Thumb:
Heat Flash by Sally Hansen Insta-Dri
Black Konad Special Polish

Stamping:
Halloween Text: BM-H07
Pumpkins: BM-H11
Ribbons: BM-321
Leaves: BM-H11
Beer: BM-H04


*Polishes and plates purchased by me. The opinions above are my own and should be taken as such. 
I am not a professional.*

No comments:

Post a Comment