Thursday, December 12, 2013

Y is For...

It's been such a busy past few weeks what with the holidays, shopping, working, decorating, planning, wrapping, sorting... and working. I've hardly had time to paint my nails at all. I even went to work for 4 days with no nail polish on. At all. Which is extremely rare for me. But I'm back, at the tail end of 2 consecutive days off with one of my last ABC Challenge designs.



A yule log is technically a Christmas cake that looks like a log, decorated with snow. I went the extra mile, adding some red and green "sprinkles" to make it look a little more Christmas-y.


I started with a dark brown base color (Below Deck by China Glaze) and stamped a wood grain from Winstonia (plate W113) using a slightly lighter brown (Slick Slate by Sally Hansen Insta-Dri). After that dried a bit, I dotted on some white polish (French White Creme by Wet N' Wild Wild Shine) then to add some magic, I added some shimmer white polish over top (Dandy Lyin' Around by China Glaze). I waited a good 15 minutes before adding the sprinkles, just to make sure all the layers of polish were completely dry. I started with creme red (Big Apple Red by OPI) and green (Starboard by China Glaze) polishes, then followed up with the glitters (Ring In The Red by China Glaze and Running In Circles by China Glaze)!

I hope you enjoy this design. And I promise that more Christmas designs are coming. It's so hard to believe that Christmas is in only 13 days! Wow... that's hardly any time at all!

 ~Samantha Rae

Interested in the other designs in this collection?
A-I / J / K / L / M / N / O / P  / Q / R / S / T / U / V / W / X / Y / Z
-----

Below Deck by China Glaze
Slick Slate by Sally Hansen Insta-Dri
French White Creme by Wet N' Wild Wild Shine
Dandy Lyin' Around by China Glaze
Starboard by China Glaze
Big Apple Red by OPI
Ring In The Red by China Glaze
Running In Circles by China Glaze

Wood Grain Stamp: W113 (Winstonia 2013 Plates)

Dotting Tool
Detail Brush

*Polishes and plates purchased by me. The opinions above are my own and should be taken as such. 
I am not a professional.*

No comments:

Post a Comment